The Center of Mosque Studies - The Cultural Association of Muslims of Vigneux sur Seine, CVMA, established in 1980, is the origin of the Great Mosque of Vigneux sur Seine. In 1998, the CVMA acquired a plot of 826 m² located at 15 rue Galilee. Construction work began in 2001.
The majority of the work was done by volunteer professionals from the community, only the foundations and earthworks were carried out by companies. Funding for the work was covered exclusively by the faithful and members of the association for a total of 650,000 €.
The mosque was officially opened on 25 June 2008. It has 3 prayer rooms with a total capacity of 1000 people.
In the basement, a prayer room for men, with a large kitchen, a dining room space to accommodate visitors travel. The prayer hall has 3 LCD screens and to monitor the operation of the Imam (dours, conference, meeting, etc.)
the ground floor and 1st floor, we find two prayer rooms (woman and man ), the combination of offices, classrooms and a ikram where you can celebrate events (marriage, birth, etc.)
in 2009 the CVMA has acquired a flag of total area of 432 m² on the 13 Galileo street and a plot of 1800 sqm located in front of the mosque. A space to be used for a cultural center, the project is being .