Report: 185 Palestinians Abducted, 42 Banned from Al-Aqsa Mosque in March

Report: 185 Palestinians Abducted, 42 Banned from Al-Aqsa Mosque in March
(Saturday, April 11, 2015) 11:44

Wadi Hilweh Information Center-Silwan monitored the Israeli violations against Jerusalemites, during the month of March, as Israeli assaults continued against Jerusalemites, their property and holy sites.

Occupation authorities carried out a wide series of arrests last month, while the center monitored that of nearly 185 citizens, including 41 females, in which four out of 65 minors were girls, and 7 were minors under the age of 12. The abductions occurred mostly the neighborhood of the Old City of occupied East Jerusalem, Silwan, Al-Tur and Wad Al-Joz.

The center also pointed out that the occupation authorities took 77 Jerusalemites last February, including 20 females and 33 minors (6 under the age of 12).

Al-Aqsa Mosque

Extremist groups escalated their break-ins at Al-Aqsa Mosque during last month, making it that with the most break-ins since the beginning of the year. More than 1064 extremists broke into Al-Aqsa during March, in addition to 73 serving in the Israeli occupation and intelligence forces, while 654 extremists broke into Al-Aqsa in February and 657 in January.


The escalation of extremist violations coincided with a similar escalation carried out by Israeli authorities as they kidnapped worshippers, and especially females. They also reportedly kidnapped and assaulted minor females under the pretext of chanting “Allahu Akhbar (God is Greatest)”. The occupation authorities isolated 42 citizens from Al-Aqsa Mosque (27 females, 2 girls, three boys and 15 young men) for duration that varied between 15 and 90 days; note that 21 citizens were banned last February.

The policy of retaining the IDs of young men and women at Al-Aqsa's gates, and replacing them with small cards that have the gate’s name, continued in the month of March, in an attempt to harass Muslim worshippers intending to pray at the mosque.


The Israeli municipality and so-called “Nature and Parks Authority” continued their policing and demolition of establishments and rooms, as well as the sweeping of lands in the city, in addition to the posting of random demolition orders on buildings and residential establishments.

During March, occupation bulldozers demolished three barracks used for raising sheep and as storage in the village of Issawiyeh, and also swept wide areas of lands. They also demolished six rooms built from bricks, a balcony and walls owned by Amro and Totah families in the neighborhood of Wad Al-Joz, and demolished the foundations of three houses in the village of Jabal Al-Mukabber.

The occupation also demolished a “kiosk” used for selling newspaper, books and magazines owned by Da’na family only few days after the owner Hajj Ameer Da’na passed away.

Citizen Kifah Da’na executed the municipality’s order and self-demolished parts of his house in the Old City of Jerusalem under the pretext of building without a permit.

In February, the municipality’s staff hung a demolition order on “Al-Sumoud” building in Sheikh Jarrah and several residential houses in Silwan.

Assaults against Jerusalemites and their property

Occupation forces continued their assaults against Jerusalemites and, for the first time, raided Al-Tur School and searched its classrooms.

At the beginning of last month, one of the light rail’s guards shot Mohammad Mahmoud Salaymeh with three bullets (hand, back and left leg) and Salaymeh had to undergo 4 surgeries. He was shot under the pretext of running over female soldiers in Street number 1, in Jerusalem. Forces raided and searched his house and also interrogated several members of his family.

Israeli forces also targeted the child Yehya Abdeen with a black rubber-coated bullet when he was standing at his house’s balcony in the neighborhood of Ras Al-Amoud.

One child was assaulted by the occupation forces when she was inside the courtyards of Al-Aqsa Mosque as she was chanting “God is Great” during the settlers’ break-ins.

Israeli authorities continued harassing vendors in the streets of Jerusalem, while confiscating and damaging their merchandise.

Authorities also suppressed a march on “Earth Day” and assaulted the participants with sound grenades and beating.

Military orders

In a related vein, Israeli intelligence served four citizens with orders banning them from traveling abroad or entering the West Bank or Jerusalem for various durations ranging between 5 and 6 months. Intelligence handed Chairman of the Board of Directors of Al-Dameer organization for prisoner support and human rights, Abdellatif Gheith, and head of Jerusalemite detainees and prisoners families committee, Amjad Abu Asab, orders banning them from travelling abroad for 5 months. They also handed the freed prisoner Salah Hammouri an order preventing him from entering the West Bank for 6 months, and lawyer Khaled Zabarqa an order preventing him from entering Jerusalem for 6 months.

Settler assaults

In March, Israeli settlement organizations attempted to confiscate a property owned by Shamasneh family, in the neighborhood of Sheikh Jarrah, and another property owned by Sub Laban family, in the Old City of Jerusalem, but residents were able to confront the settlers and headed to the Israeli courts.

Settlers tried to stab the young man Ahmad Abu Ta’a when he was near his house in Al-Masharef Mountain (Mount Scopus) and injured him with several wounds and bruises.

Settlers also assaulted 48-year-old Ahmad Mahmud Al-Qaq while walking in Al-Sharaf neighborhood, as he was heading to his house in Silwan.

The settlers also took over three residential apartments and two lands owned by Al-Malhi, Sha’ban and Abbasi families through falsification of documents and buying property from some of the residents.
Email is required
Characters left: 500
Comment is required